IESTA is a combined industrial/academic research and consulting association for innovative mobility and energy systems.
The institute creates strategic partnerships between innovative Austrian and European enterprises, top listed research facilities and policy-makers in the area of research, technology development and innovation.
The IESTA offers state of the art methodology for systematic creation of solutions.
Its strength lies in effective and efficient management of the whole innovation process from basic and applied research, development, testing, prototyping and demonstration, to communication, dissemination and exploitation of results.
The organisation founded in 2009 by graduate engineers in Physics, Mechanical and Chemical Engineering.
IESTA is governed by the General Assembly and the Extended Management Board. The latter comprises the Operational Management Board, the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman of the Industrial Advisory Board and the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board.
The Extended Management Board elects Operational Management on a biennial term. The members of the Operational Management Board are the legal representatives of IESTA.
- DI Dr. Michael Nöst, MBA, Chairman, CEO
- DI Max Staudinger, MBA, CFO
Industrial Advisory Board
- Mag. Gottfried Heneis, CEO – Energy Changes Projektentwicklung GmbH
- Dr. Filip Kitanoski, MBA, CEO – PRODUCTBLOCS GmbH
- DI Christian Kussmann, CEO – advanced thermal technologies GmbH
Scientific Advisory Board
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Daniel Watzenig, Institute of Automation and Control, Graz University of Technology
THE IESTA SERVICE PORTFOLIO COMPRISES
Comprehensive R&D Project Management Services
- Proposal Writing
- Planning and Execution
- Monitoring and Controlling
- European, national and regional projects
- Handling of large consortia and large project volumes
Studies and Consulting services on
- Smart/Cooperative Mobility
- Alternative Propulsion Technologies
- Energy Conversion and Energy Efficiency Analy
Platform for Innovation and Communication
- Utilization of systematic innovation methods
- Formation of consortia on national and international level
In the last few years IESTA has successfully supported
both industry and academia with
- 5 EU projects: Overall budget over 160 Mio Euro
- 11 projects on national level: Overall budget over 30 Mio Euro
One of the most recent projects, which IESTA is coordinator of, is the Austrian E.-Mobility Flagship project:
„eMPROVE“ – Innovative solutions for the industrialization of electrified vehicles.
The network of IESTA consists of experienced consultants and experts from relevant industrial and scientific fields.
In return, IESTA itself is a member of numerous relevant networks in the fields of energy and mobility.
The renowned partners of eMPROVE are: IESTA (Coordinator), AVL List GmbH, Samsung SDI Battery Systems GmbH, Saubermacher Dienstleistungs AG, REDUX Recycling GmbH, Zörkler Gears GmbH & Co KG, 4a manufacturing GmbH, ATT advanced thermal technologies GmbH, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, Montanuniversitaet Leoben, Leichtmetallkompetenzzentrum Ranshofen GmbH, and VIRTUAL VEHICLE Research Center.
MEMBERSHIPS / COLLABORATIONS (indicative list)