WP5 “Gasoline PHEV Demonstrator” develops the Gasoline PHEV Demonstrator based on the FCA Compact Platform.
The innovative hybridization solution will be based on a longitudinal gasoline engine and at least one e-machine deeply integrated in the transmission.
The P-HEV architecture will be completed by a Li-ion Battery System able to guarantee a proper EV range.
At vehicle validator level:
- a complete energy and thermal optimization
- an effective ICE exhaust gases management and reuse
- the e-Horizon based control techniques will be realized (also integrating WP1 and WP2 relevant outcome).
In parallel two side investigations up to full scale bench evaluation will be carried on for:
- the enhanced hybrid battery system
- an innovative eAWD system for the architecture extension
WP-Partners: FEV, GKN, IFAG, TEC, AVL-S
Duration: 36 months